Cannabis greenhouses, marijuana warehouses, and other grow facilities are often large spaces that require clear communication. If you’re working in a commercial grow operation and you need to speak to an employee or supervisor on the other side of the facility or warehouse, you don’t want to have to walk all the way over just to ask a simple question.
The average size of cannabis production areas in 2021 in the U.S. was 33,900 square feet. Such a large space can make communication very difficult, but it is key to a successful business.
Proper communication is essential when nurturing a cannabis plant to maturity, and you, of course, want to make sure it is grown under just the right conditions so your customers receive a high-quality product. Furthermore, it takes many people collaborating to ensure that your cannabis-growing facility is as successful and streamlined as it can possibly be for your customers, investors, and the product itself.
To make this happen, you need easy, reliable communication between all employees, and the best way to achieve that is with push-to-talk two-way radios.
Benefits of Push-to-Talk Two-Way Radios for Commercial Cannabis Cultivators
- Instant communication. Push-to-talk two-way radios provide easy, instantaneous communication between all parties. Instead of having to wave down an employee, shout, or call them on a cellphone, with a push of a button on your radio, you can be communicating with whomever you may need.
- Clear communication. Also, push-to-talk two-way radios provide clear communication that a cellphone doesn’t provide. Two-way radios use noise cancellation so that you can send and receive a clear message, regardless of background noise. In a marijuana-growing facility, for example, you don’t have to worry about the fans making communication more difficult.
- Long-distance. Two-way radios are high-powered devices that have a long-range, so whether your operation is housed in a small to medium-sized greenhouse or a 100-acre farm, your employees will always be able to communicate with one another.
- Our push-to-talk two-way radios are also more durable and hardier than your average cellphone. Even more so if you choose radios that are specifically designed to work out in the elements. Each radio comes with an IP rating. The first digit is the radio’s rating against solid matter, like being dropped on the ground, the second digit shows how resistant it is to water. Therefore, you can choose a radio that suits your needs at the worksite, and if need be, you can choose a highly durable and water-resistant radio that can be banged up a bit and work just fine.
- Scalable communication. If your operation is one that is highly seasonal, meaning that you have significantly more employees during one part of the year, then two-way radios are a great option for you. Unlike cellphones that require expensive start-up costs and long-term contracts, two-way radios are scalable to meet your needs during the busy season without a long-term commitment.
Here at PeakPTT, we have push-to-talk two-way radio solutions for all types of cannabis cultivation businesses, from small to large, and everything in between. We offer month-to-month billing, with no need for long term contracts. Call us at 1-855-600-6161, and we can help you choose the ideal push-to-talk two way radios for your business.