Successful parades require a great deal of hard work from many dedicated staff and organizers. Many parts have to work together in tandem so that the parade can go on without any visible hitches the audience sees.
Some of the people involved in creating a successful parade experience include:
- Parade organizers
- Balloon handlers
- Security staff
- Traffic management team
- Parade staff
- Lineup managers
- Emergency response teams
Depending on the size and scope of your parade, you may need logistical support to handle the movement of parade floats, animals, marching bands, dance troupes, “center stage” entertainment, etc. during the initial lineup and once the parade begins. You may even need people to manage the animals before the parade begins, and clean up after them when necessary, throughout the parade route, depending on the types of animals involved in the parade.
Planning a Parade
It’s no easy task to organize and plan a parade. Not only are you required to recruit the talent that will perform during your parade and establish standards for performances, floats, etc., but you must also make sure that these organizations all comply with the parade standards. If you’re organizing a new parade, you have to create standards. Other things that go int planning parades include:
- Choosing a theme for the parade
- Obtaining parade sponsors
- Creating a timeline for the parade
- Advertising the parade
- Obtaining the appropriate permits for the parade
- Coordinating with law enforcement and emergency services
- Establishing parade route
- Identifying parking areas near parade route
There’s a lot of work before the big day. The results of which you hope will be a day that will delight onlookers and win accolades.
Benefits of PTT Radios on Parade Day
After months of planning, you can’t afford to be caught without effective tools for communication when the big day arrives. Push to talk radios for events, like parades, are essential tools for ensuring communication throughout the event.
These are just a few of the benefits Push to talk radios offer for parade organizers.
- Instant communication to all parties, select groups, or individuals.
- Noise cancelling technology so communication is crisp and clear in spite of bands, sirens, and crowd noises.
- Emergency notifications so that everyone is one the same page if emergencies arise during the parade.
- Signal potential parade delays so everyone knows to wait until they receive the all-clear to begin moving again.
- Receive instant status reports and check-ins from people at different areas of the pre-parade line-up to make sure no key elements are missing.
- Requests for appropriate assistance at different areas of the line-up (water and electrolyte replacement on hot days, medical attention, supplies, etc.).
Whether you’re planning a Mardi Gras Parade, holiday extravaganza, or a bowl game parade, push to talk radio communication is an essential tool for parade-day communication and management.
Here at Peak PTT, we offer several solutions when it comes to PTT products and systems for small, medium and large businesses, including those for event service companies and parade organizers. Take a look, then give us a call at 855-600-6161 if you have any questions.