Communication is essential for all businesses. It becomes especially critical for businesses and industries in which lone workers are out in the field on a regular basis. Push to talk two-way radios offer more than access to information on-the-go. It also offers a critical lifeline when injuries and emergencies occur.
Who Needs Push to Talk Two-Way Radios in the Field?
Lone workers exist in a wide range of industries. In fact, it is often surprising to see just how many industries have people out and about every day, working alone in the field. They include:
- Service and repair technicians
- Utility workers (gas, electric, oil, etc.)
- Real estate professionals (agents, inspectors, appraisers, etc.)
- Security staff
- Home health providers
- Sales professionals
- Delivery drivers
These people are at risk every day for having accidents, falling, getting robbed, or simply having medical emergencies when no one is around. Push to talk radios offer fast access to communication when these things happen as well as advanced safety features, in the form of apps, designed to watch over your people when they are on-the-go.
Other Benefits of Push to Talk Two-Way Radios for Lone Field Workers
Safety is a huge reason for investing in push to talk radios for field workers who spend the bulk of their days alone. However, it is far from the only benefit. In fact, there are many other benefits for this type of communication solution, including:
- More cost effective than mobile phones
- Transmit text, images, and data
- Greater security thanks to advanced encryption capabilities
- Instant access to communication for your entire organization, a select few people, or individuals
- Rugged construction built to withstand wind, rain, and a few tumbles along the way.
- Affordable monthly services
- Impressive nationwide range capabilities
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Voice-enhancing features to drown out background noises and facilitate crystal clear communication
- Lone worker and SOS alerts
- GPS location tracking
Radios come in all shapes and sizes making them useful for all your employees, from nurses who often require more lightweight radios they can have with them throughout the day to line workers in the field who require rugged devices designed to handle a little rough treatment along the way. There are also many accessories available to facilitate fast, discrete communication in various situations.
Contact Peak PTT today to learn more about the various two-way radios and service solutions we offer that can improve safety, security, and job performance of your lone workers in the field. You’ll be surprised by the difference we can make.