Buying a push-to-talk two-way radio may feel like taking a leap of faith for some businesses. However, if you ask the right questions before you buy, you can purchase your push-to-talk two-way radios with confidence that they will boost your ability to communicate more effectively. These are seven questions you want to make sure you ask before buying push-to-talk two-way radios for your business or organization.
- How much will it cost to get started? In fact, you need to understand both the startup costs for operating push-to-talk two-way radios in your business as well as the ongoing, or monthly costs of the service that allows you to enjoy the faster, more effective communication tool. Hardware cost will depend on the type of 4G LTE Radio you select. Monthly service, on average is $25 per month per radio, it includes unlimited nationwide PTT, 4G LTE wireless service, and 60 second GPS tracking.
- How difficult is the system to use? A key benefit of making the move to PTT radios is that it promises to make communication easier and more effective for your business. This means everything from the dispatch software to the radios themselves needs to be simple to operate for all parties.
- How large is the coverage area? That is another important question to know when considering push-to-talk two-way radios for your business. Peak PTT offers an extensive nationwide 4G LTE network allowing you to communicate with your people practically anywhere.
- Can the radios withstand a harsh work environment? Chances are good that your people work in all kinds of work environments that require a few scrapes, bumps, spills, and chills along the way. You need radio equipment with high IP ratings to stand up to these challenges.
- What types of accessories are available for these radios? Regardless of industry, there are times when you need accessories to maintain privacy, offer discrete communications, and to drown out background noises. Make sure you’ll have access to these types of accessories.
- How long do the batteries last? One of the most important questions you can ask involves battery life. If you’re constantly scrambling to recharge batteries, it can ruin the efficiency these radios offer. Instead, you need radios with batteries designed to last a full shift or longer, as well as backup batteries when emergencies requiring overtime arise.
- Are the radios equipped with GPS? While perhaps not a necessity, GPS adds an important safety feature as well as an opportunity for you to track progress for your people – and make sure they are where they’re supposed to be.
Peak PTT understands that different businesses and organizations have different needs when it comes to push-to-talk two-way radios. Let us work with you to make sure you’re getting the best possible communication tools to take your business to new heights.
Contact us with any questions you may have about our Peak PTT two-way radio solutions. 855-600-6161